The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

B's 1st Trip to the Dentist

I didn't know if it would be better to talk to Brooklyn ahead of time about our upcoming trip to the dentist or just to go and see what would happen.  I decided to go ahead and talk it up...wrong choice.  The morning of our appointment, she said to take Chandler and she would just stay home with the babysitter and I couldn't talk her out of it.  UNTIL.............
I remembered the rain boots.  Ava and Macy outgrew these rainboots and gave them to Brooklyn a couple of months ago and she has been DYING to wear them, but it's been a million degrees and we've had no rain.  Well, the day of her appointment, it was raining and this was the perfect solution to getting her motivated to go.  Thanks, Brooke!!
They had a huge fish tank in the middle of the waiting room that she LOVED and she made a new friend so we were off to a good start.
When they called us back, I thought they would lay her down in my lap, but know, they wanted her in the BIG CHAIR!
 
No problemo for Little Miss Independent!  When they laid the chair back and raised it up, she was a little startled, but just laid back like a big girl.  They counted, cleaned and flossed her teeth and she was a little nervous about that.  I only know that though because she reached over and held my hand and she NEVER does that!!  SOOOO SWEEEET!!  When they brought the "polisher" (you know, they thing that sounds like a drill and has that paste on it?) out, though, she said 2 of my favorite Brooklyn phrases and crawled into my lap:
"I'm all done dis." (I'm all done with this.)
"I can't want it." (She means "I don't want it," but I think it's hilarious that she says "can't"...like, really Brooklyn?  You CAN'T want it even if you tried?)

Then the dentist came out to have a look and they think B has her first cavity. =(
They are going to check it again in 6 months to see if any action needs to be taken.

Overall, I was really impressed with her behavior!  Good job, B!!
(And I'm all about any excuse to get her to hold my hand and cuddle!! I LOVE taking her to the dentist!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment