The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun Stuff!

Chandler Update

Well, I had a doctor's appointment today and to my surprise, I have made a little progress!!  With Brooklyn, I was never dialated or effaced at any of my appointments so I've expected the same from this pregnancy.  They checked me today for the first time, and at 38 weeks and 5 days, I am 20% effaced and 1/2 centimeter dialated!!  This may not sound like much, but I think it sounds better than 0 and 0!

Recent Visitors

Because of this intense heat, B and I are spending our mornings out, but are home by noon and don't leave again the rest of the day.  With all of this time inside, one of the things that brings us a lot of joy is having visitors!  Our friends, Brooke and Ben, needed a place to stay over the weekend so we were thrilled to have them here.  Ben is really good with little girls as he has twin 2-year-old girls of his own and Brooklyn LOVES men so it was a total match made in heaven for the 2 of them!


And it was pretty much like this all weekend!  Wherever Ben was, was exactly where Brooklyn thought she needed to be! 

The timing also worked out perfect for Brooke to be here for the Bachelorette finale!!  It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm a total Bachelor/Bachelorette junkie and it is always WAY more fun to watch it with a friend!  Thanks for coming to visit, Ben and Brooke!  Come back again soon!!

Thoughtful and Unexpected Gifts

One of the other things that really brightens my day are thoughtful and unexpected gifts like these!
The monogrammed blanket is from my friend, Michelle!  The green, black and white match her room perfectly and it is so soft!  We'll have to keep it hidden from Brooklyn because she LOVES a soft "cacky."

The monogrammed jewelry box is from my friend, Melanie! It plays music and has the little wind-up ballerina inside!!  Thank you, Mel!  It is so stinkin' cute!

I just got a care package in the mail today from my newly-crafty friend, Dana and she included stuff for the whole family!!  There are the sports coasters with all of our favorite teams for me and Eddie...a picture frame and snack box for Brooklyn...and for chandler, there were onesies, a picture frame, snack box, diaper box, bibs and blanket!  Wow!  Thank you for all of the thoughtfulness and effort, Dana!

This onesie that she sent is probably my favorite, but you couldn't see what it says in the picture above it. 
It says, "B" is for my big sister"
And, of course, we call Brooklyn "B" so it is just very clever and I LOVE all the bling!

Thanks Michelle, Melanie and Dana for your generosity and for making my day!!  God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. great stuff! Way to go Dana - very clever ideas-very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you have the BEST friends ever! All that stuff is adorable.

    I love how B is all cuddled up to that guy while Eddie has to sit there like last year's Daddy model!!! haha, just kidding, but it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for not mentioning my blunder. But in hindsight, Chandler could start a new trend for onesies with her backside bling.

    ReplyDelete