The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

39 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

We had our weekly doctor's appointment today and no surprise...not much progress.  I am dilated to 1 whole centimeter now...as opposed to the .5 centimeter last week.  They guestimated that I was about 25-40% effaced, which might be slightly more than last week...but then again, it was a different person checking me this week so it's kind-of hard to say.  They did hook me up to a monitor today just to check on the baby's activity and to make sure that it was safe for us to go thru the weekend and everything looked good.  And they scheduled an appoinment for this coming Monday to check me again and to start talking about an induction timeframe.  I'm still hoping that maybe she'll follow in her big sister's footsteps and come on her due date, which is this Friday!

OK, for those of you who've been asking to see full-term belly pics, here ya go!


And if you're asking if I'm really wearing daisy dukes at 40 weeks pregnant, the answer is YES! 
I agree that it is a little inappropriate and never did this with Brooklyn, BUT it is OVER 100 degrees and I'm really just trying to survive!! 
 
These last 2 weeks have definitely been the LONGEST and HARDEST of the pregnancy, so what have we been doing to make it thru? 
 
Playdates, Pools, and Pretty Little Liars!
 
Playdate with Addisyn, our neighbor

Playdate with Ava and Macy
(the best way to capture them all together inside is during snack or lunch-time)

Singing and swinging

Popsickle time!

And yes, there is such a thing as too many bubbles!! 

Pool time with Daddy! 
When I got out the swim bag to get her sunscreen, she saw her life jacket and INSISTED on wearing it!

The best part of the swimming pool?  The water hose!!

Pool Time with Ava and Macy

"OK, on the count of 3 everyone blow bubbles!  1,2,3..."

"Good Job, Macy...let's try again.  1,2,3..."

"Good job, Brooklyn.  Everybody this time...1,2,3"

"Good job, Ava!  I give up!"

Pretty Little Liars

I am in a book club and the book we have currently chosen to read is Pretty Little Liars, by Sara Sheperd.  It is the first book in a series of 8 and I'm totally hooked!  Most of the books we've chosen have been deep books, that cause you to do some self-reflection, soul-searching and a lot of thinking and concentrating while reading.  Not this one!  It is a shallow, murder mystery, light read with lots of clues and twists and is wildly addicting!  I can't wait to find out WHO DID IT!  Thank you, Sara Sheperd for helping me get thru these final two weeks of pregnancy!  (And thank you Allison for the recommendation!)

5 comments:

  1. That is one big belly on a tiny little person! A Friday the 13th baby would be a little scary, but make for a good story. The fact that you might give birth to a baby Friday makes my root canal that day seem like no big deal, so thanks for that! By the way, I finally opened up the comments on my blog if you get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are rocking those daisy dukes Miss Preggers! I hope she comes on her due date so you don't have to wait any longer in this heat! Is that book the one the new tv series is based on?? I've been watching a show with the same title on ABC family.. juicy! Check it out on Hulu if you get bored and can't be outside any longer. :) Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little apprehensive reading the subtitles on the post... who were you going to be talking bad about - being Pretty Little Liars??

    Your hair looks short in the pic - did you get it cut or is it just curly? You wear short-shorts and 9 months of pregnancy quite well!

    The girls' bubble-bath hair is hilarious! Glad you got that picture!

    Tell Chandler Mimi is ready anytime... and anxious to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis, yes! That is the book series the ABC shows are based on, but I haven't seen any of them. Thanks for the tip about Hulu...I'll have to check it out!

    Mom, I see what you're talking about hair does look short, but I think it's just the way that it's hanging in the pic...haven't cut it. I'll let Chandler know you are ready! I think she has just been waiting on your wrist to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHH!!!! You look AMAZING! I can't believe how hot you are. Literally I guess in this heat! Hang in there, almost done!

    I was cracking up at the bubble pictures. I can so relate.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the book recommendation. I am about to finish Breaking Dawn, and I'm so sad it's almost over. I can't wait to read PLL!!!

    ReplyDelete