The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Friday, August 20, 2010

Miss Chandler Alexis Nalley

Chandler Alexis Nalley
8/16/10
7 lbs 1 oz
20 1/4 inches long
Chandler's Birth Story

 Friday, August 13th - due date - no sign of Baby Chandler - SO BUMMED!!

Saturday - no sign of Baby Chandler - major disappointment

Sunday morning
6:16am - feel like I might be having very mild contractions!!
10 am - still feeling possible contractions, but they are so mild that it's hard to tell so Eddie and I head to Northpark Mall to go walking to try to progress things along
2 pm - it's working!  I am definitely having contractions now, but they are not TOO bad and not very regular
8 pm - they are starting to hurt and I'm positive we will be going to the hospital tonight!  Last picture as a family of 3???
10 pm - contractions are every 2 minutes and are too painful to talk through so we head to hospital!!  YEA!
10:30 pm - they check me at hospital and I'm only dilated to 1 1/2!  What?!?  After 2 hours of painful contractions?
11:30 pm - Contractions are still intense, but have slowed to every 6 minutes apart and I haven't dilated any more so they send us home!!  They said that if you are not progressing 1 centimeter every hour, it is false labor!  OK, but how am I supposed to go home and sleep thru the night with painful contractions every 6 minutes?!?  Ugh!  I struggled all night long, but made it through...

Monday morning
Contractions are not at regular intervals at all, but are about a 7 on a pain scale of 1-10...we head to the doctor's office
9 am - At Doctor's office and I'm dilated to 2-3...they schedule induction for midnight tonight.  Once again...what?!?  Are you kidding me?  I'm a 7 pain level and you want me to wait until midnight?  I wanted to cry, but we suck it up and head back to the house...AGAIN...so disappointed
2 pm - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!  I hurt so bad, am nauseus, shaking uncontrollably...I call the Dr's office and they say go to the hospital
2:30 - in hospital room...along with a 10 pain level of contractions, I'm vomiting, shaking like crazy, and of course, crying like a baby...they check me and I'm at a 7!!  Would you like anesthesia?  Ummm...let me think...YES PLEASE!
3:30 - get epidural and they check me again...no surprise, I'm dilated to 10
SO....basically, I've done most of the laboring at home and by the time I got the epidural I was at a 10!  This is not because it is my idea or because I'm trying to be tough, BUT because no one would let me go to the hospital.  What is wrong with these people?
4:00 - epidural is working and life is FABULOUS!!  Resume texting people updates on my progress!

5:45 pm - After just a couple of pushes, Baby Chandler is born!!  When she came out, the chord was actually wrapped around her neck and she was blue!  Eddie and I were scared to death, but the hospital staff was very calm and cool and said this happens all of the time.  Very soon after they got her out, we finally got to hear the most amazing sound of Chandler's first cries.  Thank you, God!

...More to come later, but I wanted to hurry and get her story written down before I forgot and to let you know that she finally made it!!  Things are VERY crazy right now and I tried to squeeze this in while they were both napping today without success so I'm not getting the chance to proofread and make sure that this all makes sense!  Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! I can't believe they made you walk around in so much pain, that is definitely not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is BEAUTIFUL, just precious. I can't believe how tough you are. You did it all by yourself basically. You are a strong mama!

    What a gorgeous baby, what a wonderful blessing. Congrats again and try to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congrats Steph...so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete