The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Monday, July 12, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Eddie went out of town this past weekend so I thought it would be fun to have a "Girl's Weekend" with just Brooklyn and me!  Friday just happened to be Cow Appreciation Day so I thought it would be the perfect way to kick off the weekend!  (Plus, this is something we probably could NOT have done with Eddie here because he would have been MORTIFIED!)  Oh!  I just realized that some people might not know what Cow Appreciation Day is...It is an event put on by Chickfilet (our favorite place) where they give you a free meal if you show up at the restaurant dressed like a cow...now you get why my sweet, non-attention-loving husband would be mortified.  Fortunately for me, Brooklyn isn't old enough to have any pride!  Here are some pics from before we left our house.
She kept ripping off these cow spots that I had taped on her shirt, so notice those little things on the table in front of her...they are her FAVORITE things..."star crackers."  At least that's what she calls them...they are really just star-shaped sprinkles and you can get ANYTHING accomplished with them...fix her hair, vaccuum, make her forget she's hurt, etc.

Notice her cute little tail!

Here she is with her nose done, too!  Needless to say, her meal was free!  And then, the best part of the whole night...

The Chickfilet Cow came out and Brooklyn was obsessed!!

They hugged, they danced, they high fived.  Other kids would come and go, but Brooklyn would NOT leave his side and could not be lured away with food or invitations to play in the playland.  I tried to grab her once or twice and pull her away, but she would squirm away and go right back to the cow.

She would grab his finger, drag him over to a table and try to read him this book that is in her hand.  (It was pretty hilarious to see this GIANT cow being led around Chickfilet by a tiny little 2-year-old.)  Poor cow!  For the entire 20-30 minutes he came out to see people, B was by his side and I think she really started making him feel awkward after a while because he wasn't sure what else to do with her.  =)  Anyway, I would call Operation Cow Appreciation Day a definite success!!

Another fun thing I had planned for B, was to rent a DVD, let her eat popcorn (which I never let her do) and stay up late!  Well, we ran into a little dilemma with our DVD player not working, but fortunately one of our neighbors had some Disney movies on VHS and we have a VHS player in our guest room.

 
So, here she is in her new pajamas with a bowl of popcorn ready for the movie...BUT, she didn't want yummy salty, buttery popcorn...my healthy child (yeah, right) only wanted GRAPES!  So we started the movie with a HUGE bowl of grapes!  She kept giggling and looking over at me during the beginning of the movie.  It's like she could tell that this was a special treat.  After she finished her grapes, she got her blanket and snuggled with me on the bed.  Perfect, I thought!  About 5 minutes later, she was off to explore.  =(  Then, at 8:00 sharp (her usual bedtime), she started saying, "Sleepy?  Go night, night?  Sleepy?  Go night, night?"  So I granted her request and put her to bed.
Operation Stay Up Late, Eat Popcorn and Watch a Movie  = Unsuccessful!

Just as a fun side note...look what came in the mail today!!

Super-cute monogrammed burp cloths from my friend, Leslie!!
 
It's the first time I've seen Chandler's name or monogram in print and it makes me so excited!!  Thank you so much, Leslie!!  I love them and you are the best!!

2 comments:

  1. You are SUPER mom with your girl's day! How sweet! I LOVED that you dressed her like a cow and took her to Chick-fil-A!!! That is hilarous. So funny. What a cute post. You are such a fun mom!

    YEAH! I am glad they got there and you like them! I can't believe this is the first time you are seeing her name in real life...THE PRESSURE! I hope they are useful and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I am just desperate for Chickfilet and it seems to taste better when it's free?

    We used them a TON with Brooklyn so I'm sure we will with this baby, too! Thanks for keeping us hip!

    ReplyDelete