The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Queen for a Day

On Brooklyn's birthday, we let her be Queen "B" and tried to do all of the things she loves most!  To start off, though, I had to wake her up to get ready for Vacation Bible School.

Then we had a few presents to open from Mimi Sue and DooDad
Then off to VBS with her blanket, milk and Elmo in hand!

After VBS, she was exhausted so we came home for a quick lunch and a LONG nap!  When she woke up, her neighbor, Addisyn, from across the street was here to play.  Brooklyn kept taking everything away from her and saying, "Thank you."  Obviously, we need to work on this a little more!  On their own, they gave each other a kiss and I was just a second to late with the camera.  So sweet!!

After Addisyn left, B got to check out her present from Eddie and I!


A swing!! 
Swinging is one of her ABSOLUTE FAVORITE things to do (which is why I probably wouldn't have chosen to put it directly in front of our back door where we can't walk by without seeing it, but Eddie worked so hard on it that I didn't have the heart to ask him to move it out of our direct line of sight =))
Just as we guessed, the swing was a HIT!

Eddie turned on some music outside and B did some "swing"-dancing!  We all had a blast with that until dinner time then we headed out to Chickfilet...her FAVORITE place!

Since it was a special occasion, I even let her have french fries instead of substituting fruit!  Then, we headed out to the playland that she loves...

Finally, I was going to give her the treat I had kinda been excited all day about giving her.  My friend Melanie taught me this really cool thing about Chickfilet...you can trade in your toy for a free ice cream cone!  I honestly can't remember the last time I've given her ice cream, so I just couldn't wait!  To my surprise, SHE HATED IT!!  =(  She tried one bite and made a terrible face and I thought maybe the cold just kind-of surprsied her.  We tried again and she made the same awful face and then said, "All done."  BUMMER! (for her, fortunate for the pregnant lady)

Since the ice cream treat didn't go so well, I thought I might could make bath time more fun than usual.  I looked all over for bubbles because we've never done a bubble bath at our house, but I couldn't find any.  I did, however, run across this crayon thing that is made for the bathtub that Eddie's mom got her for Christmas that I had been saving for a special occasion and I thought PERFECT!

Not perfect!  She had a blast with it in the tub, but was getting it on herself as fast as I could wipe it off!  By the time I was done giving her a bath and pulled her out, she was covered in crayon from head-to-toe!  It is a really fun concept, but who made this toy and have they ever given a child a bath?  I used her towel to try wipe it off of her, but I didn't get it all and she went to VBS alittle colorful the following day.  Ooops!

After her bath and brushing her teeth, she got to do her very favorite thing of all...go night-night!
Goodnight, Queen B!

p.s.  Brooklyn went in the potty for the first time today!!  Today is Father's Day and she was also born on Father's Day...think she has a thing Father's Days...such a Daddy's girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment