The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a fun and refreshing Memorial Day weekend!  On Friday evening we travelled to Little Rock and hung out with Eddie's parents.  On Saturday, Eddie was off to play golf with some friends and his mom (Grandmargie) kept Brooklyn so that I could do some much needed shopping for Chandler's room.  Brooklyn is a pretty good shopper, but between the stroller, constant snacks, diapers and napping, sometimes it is just so freeing to be able do some shopping on my own!!  The shopping was successful...I found a super-comfy chair for Chandler's room.  AND I got to go have a nice quiet lunch with a good friend of mine and had so much fun catching up.  Then, Saturday night, Eddie and I went to a very chic wedding reception on a ranch!

I got to see and catch up with 2 of my best girlfriends from college and we danced the night away!

(On a side note...do you ever have those times that you think your hair looks ok until you see the pictures and you think, "Yikes!!  What was I thinking?!?"...I'm just saying...)

Brooklyn was, of course, back at the Nalley's having a BLAST with her Grandparents!



Then, on our way back to Heath on Sunday, we stopped by my brother's house in Texarkana to eat some lunch.  Brooklyn thought it was so cool to get to eat at the table with the BIG KIDS!

After lunch, B and Eddie both got powernaps while I drove the rest of the way home.


When we got home, we all ran inside and got changed into our swimsuits for a cookout at our fun new neighbor's house!  (Of course, I had no real intention of getting in the pool at 7 months pregnant with ALL of the neighbors...I think that might have made some people uncomfortable.)  BUT Eddie and Brooklyn really enjoyed some pool time together!

And then, of course, B spotted their playground and was ALL about that!

She could have opted for the easy ladder to the left, but she preferred the much more challenging rock wall.  She LOVES, or should I say LIVES, to climb!!

The neighbor's have a 1 year old daughter, who came over to the swingset about this time and wanted in the baby swing, which is Brooklyn's FAVORITE thing EVER.  From the top of the slide B was giving her the evil eye and I thought this might turn into a complete tantrum.   She immediately slid down and grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards...the big kid swing???  She's NEVER swang in a big kid (sling) swing, but I thought we'd give it a try and SHE COULD DO IT!!  I pushed her in the big kid swing for like 10 minutes and was so impressed that she could balance and hang on!!  She's getting SO BIG!! 

On Monday, to conclude our fun weekend, Eddie worked alittle and played some golf and I got to play some tennis!  Can we have Memorial Day weekend EVERY weekend???


No comments:

Post a Comment