The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News

This week Brooklyn and I both had Doctor's Appointments.

Brooklyn went in for her 2-year-old check up and here are her stats.

Ht: 35.5 inches...88th%
Wt:  26 lb 4 oz...45th%
Head Circumference:  18.5 inches...40th%

At Vacation Bible School last week, B  towered over most of the 2-year-olds in her class so I was not at all surprised that she was in the 88th percentile for height.  When the doctor asked about her eating habits, my response was, "Terrible!!"   He said that her eating only chicken nuggets, mac and cheese and spaghettio's was pretty typical for a toddler.  Her physical abilities and speech seem to be right on track.

She was as busy as she's ever been in the exam room.  (Why are there NO TOYS in the exam room???) She had to get one shot and then we had to go get her blood drawn because the Dr said it would give us a better overall picture of her health and nutrition.  I had to hold her down while they stuck the needle in her arm and she was SCREAMING!!  It took FOREVER for her blood to fill up those vials!  As soon as they were done, she was over it...I'm still NOT!  After that, we had to go to our favorite place to recover...thank you, Chickfilet, for always being there for us!

I had my regular monthly check-up.  Chandler's heartrate was 144 and she is measuring 33 weeks.  I'm 32 weeks so she is pretty much right on track and she is head down!  YEA!  Now I start going every 2 weeks.  I'm still playing tennis (not sure how much longer I will last in this nearly 100 degree weather) and still feeling pretty good.  I get out of breath pretty easily and sleeping is getting a little less comfortable, but other than that, all is well!

1 comment:

  1. Way to "grow" Brooklyn!

    I can't believe you are still playing tennis! Of course you are out of breath. I am 0 weeks pregnant and I can't do that.

    ReplyDelete