The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Baby!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looked good.  The baby's heartrate was in the 140's.  I am 21 weeks pregnant and this baby measured 23 weeks!  This is still in the normal range, but maybe a little on the bigger side of normal.  When the doctor went to measure, she was surprised that baby girl was already up past my belly button.  Eddie was literally 10 POUNDS when he was born, so I am hoping that we are not headed in this direction.  OUCH!  Here is the latest picture of "the bump."
And you know how they say that the camera adds 10 lbs?  Or the camera doesn't lie?  Well, in this case it has SUBTRACTED 10 pounds and it did lie.  I look MUCH bigger than this in real life.  Someone asked me the other day if I was 6 or 7 months pregnant and I had to tell them ONLY 5!!  And total strangers will come up to me and ask me when I'm due.  Just so you know, this doesn't hurt my feelings...I think it is all kinda funny...at least for now.  =)

We are still trying to decide on the baby name although Eddie might tell you differently.  He really wants to have it decided and start calling the baby by it's name.  I'll run a name by him and he'll just want it to be "it."  I have to think about it a little longer...write it several hundred times...picture the monogram...think about how the name will sound at every stage of this human's life...think about how it will look on Christmas cards...in letters above the baby's crib...etc.  I know...I'm so out of control.  But it's the child's name...and they will have to deal with it for a lifetime.  I'll keep you posted on how we are progressing with Big Baby #2!

1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT YOU!!! You look PRECIOUS! Actually, you look hot, but I didn't think that was appropiate to say! hahaha.

    I think everyone shows a lot more with their second, so don't worry.

    I can't wait to hear her name. I would love to get her something with her name on it. It would be really convient if her name was Miller...I have tons of that stuff laying around.

    Why don't you mention the name Leslie to Eddie? Just run it by him, see what he thinks. Leslie Nalley.

    ReplyDelete