The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The FALL Guy!

He's here!  He's here!!
Gibson Palmer Nalley
Born November 19th and 4:58pm
7 lbs 9 oz
20 1/4 inches

Because there was some concern over his size (thought he might be too big to fit thru the canal =)), I was induced 6 days before his due date.  Mom and Dad came up the day before his induction.  Their job was supposed to be to get the girls up, dressed and ready, take them to the neighbors house and head to the hospital to be there for the birth.  Well...things don't always go as planned.  =)

I was a little stressed about being at the hospital by 6 am in Dallas (30 minute drive) because I'm so NOT a morning person.  Well, turns out I shouldn't have stressed because I was up all night anyway.  Chandler wet the bed around midnight (which never happens) and then woke up again at 2am with fever (probably hasn't had a fever in 1.5 years).  =)  Change of plans...Chan can't go to neighbors house if she's sick!!  And won't be able to meet her brother!!  Pretty sure this was causing some serious tears for this overly emotional mother going on no sleep and nervous about the next days events!!

So after a less than ideal start, Eddie and I finally headed to the hospital for this very exciting day.  Once we were checked in, they gave me some jelly to start preparing my body for labor and my body responded positively.  Then they broke my water, which was also a success and I dilated a 1 to a 2.   Next, they started pitocin, which really kicked my labor into gear and I quickly dilated to a 3.  Then stayed at a 3...stayed at a 3...stayed at a 3 for hours.  Mom, Eddie and I were starting to get a little discouraged when suddenly around 3 pm, they came into check and I was dilated to an 8!!  After an hour, it was time to start pushing.  He was very stubborn!  Took an hour to get that little guy out and then he came out with the chord wound tightly around his neck!!  Initially we had a little scare with some labored breathing, but it turned out that he just needed some good suctioning and then everything was perfect!!

By Tuesday afternoon, Chan had been fever-free for over 24-hours so it was finally time for Gibson to get to meet his sisters!!

There very first meeting was priceless!!
Poor Brooklyn got very carsick on the way to the hospital, but by the time she got to the room she was all better.  Chandler was very interested in the baby, but is very much a mommy's girl so she needed to come see me first.  I was behind the camera so that's why she is not in this video.
Soon after they got there, we had a little "Birth-Day" party for Gibson.
We sang, had cupcakes and blew out candles.
Baby Gibson was so nice to get the girls presents to help try to win them over from the beginning!
 I think it worked!
 Gibson got them some crafty-type things to do in the room so they wouldn't be bored.  Both of the girls went right to work and after about a minute, Brooklyn stopped what she was doing and went over to Gibson to tell him Thank You for the gifts without being prompted by anyone.  Melt my heart!!
Every once in a while, her maturity amazes me and I think God has really blessed her a thankful heart!  Love that!
 Soon after that, the took Gibson away for a little "male procedure" so the girls didn't get to spend much time with him at all.
But they did get one last chance to see him before they left and we got a chance to do our first ever photo as the Nalley, Party of 5!!
Later that night, after the girls were gone, Gibson and I were also released.  Less than 48 hours that the hospital!!  We are all home now and doing well!

We feel so blessed that everything went well and that we get to have this new little guy and part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment