The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gibson's Nursery!!!!!!

Mom came in town over the weekend to help me finish the nursery!!
That's right...at 37 weeks, I finally got around to finishing it...better late than never right?!?
This changing table was kind-of the inspiration for the room.  We originally got it for Brooklyn's nursery and it is SOOOO handy and useful with all of the drawers and baskets.  Brooklyn was still using it in her nursery when Chandler was born so my sister-in-law, Ashley, let me borrow her nursery crib and changing table that we painted black.  Now that the girls are sharing a room and this changing table system was no longer being used, I decided it would go in the new nursery...which meant back to white  furniture and using B's old crib for Baby Gibson.
 Since we were using white furniture, I wanted to make sure we incorporated a lot of color with the bedding and other decor and wanted to use really boy-ish colors so I chose:  Orange, brown, turquoise and lime green.  That was the easy part.  The hard part???  Finding those colors in actual bedding.  In fact, I couldn't find any so my saint of a mother volunteered to MAKE the bedding!!  I know, I totally spoiled!
 I mentioned in passing that I thought orange chevron and turquoise polka dots would be a cute combo for nursery bedding not realizing that mom would make it her mission in life to find just that.  I think she visited 1000 fabric websites and found just the patterns I had envisioned...AND THEN, if that weren't enough, found another striped pattern to use as the skirt that would tie in the green.  She also used that fabric for the bumper "ties" and added brown velvet piping to the edges of the bumpers.  LOVE IT!!  Great job, Mom!!
Those pictures above the bed were quite the project, too, but they LOVE how they turned out!
Next, the window treatment.   I was thinking we might just do simple panel curtains, but once again mom had much more in mind.  (which was probably good since that it the FIRST thing you see when you walk into the room.
 No surprise, she MADE this window treatment using that same striped pattern from the bedding.  The only problem was...we needed more of the orange up there.  As we were looking for ideas, we kept seeing those little flag banners in nursery/kid rooms and voila, perfect way to add a little more color to the window treatment.
 Don't know how well it shows up in the picture, but my friend, Michelle gave me that brown/orange and white Chevron monogrammed blanket that is on the glider.  Mom, of course, made a couple of throw pillows to go on it as well.  THEN she found this super-cute cross at hobby lobby and MADE the sign to match it.  This might be one of my favorite things about the room!!
"Little ones to HIM belong!"
She's SO CRAFTY!
Finally, again just in passing, I mentioned that my friend Dana (who had just finished her nursery) had a library wall and that might be a cute idea for the 4th wall.
I looked on like 2 websites for shelves and after not finding the right heights and widths, gave up and was ready to move onto another idea.  Mom doesn't believe in giving up and continued the search for days and weeks without me and still had no luck.  She showed my Dad what she was looking for and he thought he could make them himself and he did!!!  I'm so impressed and love how they turned out!  The books add so much color to that wall and fill the space perfectly!

Thank you so much Mom and Dad (and Michelle and Dana) for helping out with the nursery!  It makes me so happy and I can't wait to finally get Baby Gibson in there!

And I have to give a HUGE shout out to Brooklyn and Chandler.  Mom and I were really busy all weekend working on the nursery and Eddie had a golf tournament so the girls were kind-of on there own and were AMAZING!!  They played in the play room for HOURS without whining or fussing and totally got along.  They made me so proud!!  I know you are too young to read this or understand right now, but you are both pretty fabulous little girls!

Now just hurry up, Baby Gibson!  We are all ready for you! 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't commented this whole time but I will now! Did you even know I read this? haha:)
    I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! And I also can't believe how much energy it seems you've had! You need to post some pics of your with the little guy in your belly...those are priceless.
    I'm so excited for you!
    How would you compare the first two pregnancies to this one? Harder? Easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea, but I used to read yours as well (before it went private) and if I looked a tenth as good as you did, beleive me...I would have been posting those pics!! It has gone really fast...until about a week ago...now it's kind-of starting to drag. It has potentially been my easiest pregnancy (could have to do with the fact that the girls were summer babies when it was over 100 degrees outside), until now. Gibson has seemed to sit a little lower so I haven't had as much heartburn and have HAD an easier time breathing. But now, I'm as big with this one as I was when I delivered the other 2 and it's starting to take a toll on my body! I get out of breath and have to lay down just loading the dishwasher or fixing the girls hair (not strenuous activities!!). I tried to take the girls for a leisurely walk in the stroller yesterday and got a side-stitch!!! Eddie has been really awesome and helpful since my recent decline which has made life doable! Can't believe you've had time to even touch the computer with your newborn and toddler! Hope it's going well for you guys!! The stage that you are in now was definitely the hardest for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just red your post that's very much informative and important I like that.thanks a lot for sharing that.

      Delete
  3. I have just red your post this is very much informative and important.I like that very much.thanks a lot for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete