The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

35 Weeks

Baby Gibson has measured a little big the last several visits so they wanted to do an ultrasound at this appointment to get a better guess about his size.
 Here are a couple of the pics they took of him while we were back.  The one above is his face.  One hand is by his chin and the other is partially covering his cheek and eye.

The one below is his profile.  I think he might have big lips like his daddy!  =)
OK...back to his size.  They measure diameter and circumference of the head, the abdomin and femur...plug those numbers in and there is a formula that will give the approximate weight.  
Are you ready for this????  This child is approximately:

6 lbs 12 oz at just 35 weeks!!!!!!!!

Wow!!  He is in the 90th percentile for his "age"  and is actually measuring 37 weeks.  I was wondering why all of my maternity clothes, even those from the END of previous pregnancies, were starting to fit so snuggly!!

The doctor said this amount could be off by a lb either way...she felt my abdomen and said he felt more  like 6.5 lbs.  Brooklyn was just 6 lb 8oz at 40 weeks when I delivered her so I'm a little nervous about delivering this giant!!

Also, she said I was already 50% effaced (or thinned out) so I'm hoping this little guy might come a little earlier than the girls.  I'm going in for weekly appointments now, though, so we will continue to monitor his size and my progress and I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment