The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Not only was this the first day of school for us for the 2012-2013 school year,
but it was Chandler's first day of school EVER!
 She woke up first so we got her dressed, ready and did her pictures first.
Then I woke up poor sweet Brooklyn.  She was SO TIRED!  She is my late sleeper and I've been letting her sleep in all summer so getting up was the toughest part for her.
Brooklyn has recently turned a corner in life and is amazingly cooperative for pictures.
She even uses the word "cooperative" when we talk about taking pictures.  Love it!
 Here they are doing their favorite "sweet sister" pose...that's what they call it.  Poor Chan is always in that choke hold...which explains the face.  =)
Then off to school we went!
The girls were both excited and there was never an ounce of fear or hesitation from either of them.
Chandler's teachers said she was "Very happy and was all smiles most of the day."  They said she cried a little bit at nap time before she feel asleep, but she did nap!!  AND...she stayed dry all day!!  Have I mentioned this child is just barely 2?!?  She's amazing!!
Not sure why B has her "dukes" up, but she is smiling, looking at the camera and being cooperative so I'll take it.  Her teachers simply said she had a great day!  I SOOO wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what she's like in a school setting!

So...great first day for us!  And I have to say I'm so thankful that both of the girls walked right in without any fuss.   I think I would have a little anxiety all day if we had gotten off to a rocky start with tears and fears.  Hopefully, they continue this behavior all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment