The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Monday, March 12, 2012

All Dressed Up...

The girls are really into dressing up these days.
 Chandler and I went for a walk the other day and B wanted to stay home.  Eddie was there napping so B had the playroom all to herself.  When Chan and I got home we found her like this.   
 So then, of course, Chandler got right to work getting all dolled up herself!
 And just for the record, B has on 2 tutus, 2 tiaras, a purple sparkly hat, a pair of 3D glasses, fairy wings, a boa, several necklaces and a boa.  Pretty fabulous being 3, huh?
 Then the other day, I was cleaning up after a meal and heard way to much suspicious and hysterical laughter coming from our bedroom.  I rushed back there seriously afraid of what I was going to find.
To my relief, I found this:
 B put on one of Eddie's shirts and his shoes all by herself.
 Last week was Dr. Seuss week at B's school and so the kids were encouraged to dress up in anything Dr. Seuss related.
 Well, we hit the jackpot on this one because Brooklyn's cousins all dressed up as Dr. Seuss characters this past Halloween and were kind enough to let us borrow some of their fabulous attire for the week.
 Thank you so much Ashley and the Giblets!!
 I am pretty sure there was not a contest, but if there had been, I think B might have won!
 Since Brooklyn got such a great reaction out of me last time, she decided to hit Dad's closet again!
And this time she added the jeans.  Pretty hysterical!
 And so, of course, Chandler had to follow suit.
 Even now as I was typing this, B was cleaning up the playroom, but had to do it princess style.
 (We had swim this morning which is why her hair might look even a little crazier than usual.)
And when they are not dressing up,
 they are occasionally getting along.
 I might even dare to say that they are getting along more than they are fighting these days???
 Saying things like that out loud, though, usually come back to haunt me.  =)
 We jumped the gun a little and got Chandler a nap mat for school for next year and I thought I kept both of them in a hidden spot.
 Apparently not though, because Brooklyn got them both out the other day and got them all set up like this in our living room.  Of course, both of the girls were really proud of themselves and thought they were really funny.
 Chandler found this great little hiding spot when I was cooking dinner the other night.
 Here they are in matching pi's watching Saturday morning cartoons and getting along so well!!
 B is cool with sitting next to Chan and laughing and watching TV, but the affection is clearly just a little more than she can stomach.  Sweet, sweet Chandler!!
Just a little glimpse of what are lives are like these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment