The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This Mother's Day got off to a great start with a Mother's Day brunch at Brooklyn's school!
Brooklyn has been blessed with some FABULOUS teachers this year and they really went all out to make this brunch very special for us!!
I really don't think these pictures do justice to how cute everything looked in real life.
After we ate, the teachers had the kids sing some songs to us...one of them being "You Are My Sunshine."  Each kid had a sunshine to hold while singing this song and unfortunately, B's went missing just before the performance so she was too upset to participate.  Bummer!
My family (aka - Eddie) really went all out this year and set the bar really high for future Mother's Days!!


They gave me a really sweet card and tickets to game 4 of the Mavs vs. Lakers NBA play-off series!!
If you think I'm being sarcastic or that this gift might have been a little selfish on Eddie's part, you're totally wrong!!
I love the Mavericks.  Every year.  But some years, I'm just really SUPER into it.  This year would be one of those years.  I mean, I drink redbull late in the day just so I can stay up to watch every last minute of the game...even when Eddie goes to bed.  So getting tickets to this game, was SOOO exciting for me.  And Eddie even lined up the childcare!!

Eddie and I have been to several Mavs game and NEVER have we experienced this kind-of energy and hype.  Just look at this sea of blue!!
Eddie, who watches A LOT of basketball, said this was as close to perfect as he has ever seen a team play!  AND it was against Phil Jackson and the Lakers.  So incredibly fun to get to be a part of this history in the making as the Mavericks completed the Lakers SWEEP when no one even thought they would win the series.  I'm still not over it.  Thanks, family, for a fabulous Mother's Day treat!!

p.s.  Chandler, who is not even 9-months-old yet, took her first 3 steps yesterday and didn't even fall down!!  Way to go, Chandler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment