The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sisterly Love?

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far, but I HAVE seen some rare glimpses of it recently...

Chandler has been around for 7 months and this is the 1st bath they've taken together.  I have still mostly been using the baby bathtub for Chandler, but Mom gave Chandler a bath in the "real" tub once and she said it made Brooklyn really mad so I've been avoiding the drama.  Well, the other night they were both really dirty and Eddie was going to be working late, so I thought the most efficient and safest thing to do would be to bathe them together...that way one wouldn't be left unattended.
  And???  Brooklyn thought it was hilarious!!  I was really prepared for a fit, but she was totally okay with it...until Chandler picked up one of the foam letters and started chewing on it.  B snatched it away immediately.  I told her that Chandler needed a toy and handed Chandler the red foam "O".  B really wanted the "O" (its the only letter she really knows), but she agreed to let Chandler play with any of the letters or numbers she wanted.  I didn't realized that when I was rinsing B's hair she dropped the "O" and Chandler had picked it up and had it in her mouth.  Well...I didn't realize it until Brooklyn grabbed her yellow shovel (like you would use in the sand) and whacked Chandler on the head and yelled "O!!"  Surprisingly Chandler didn't cry and the rest of the bath went on without a hitch!

You have no idea how HUGE this is!!  It took a long time and lots of work to get B to even be OKAY with Chandler in the pink swing!  Now, not only is she okay with it, but is PUSHING her in it???  We've come such a long way!

And finally, the 3rd and final glimpse I've had of sisterly love...

She has started giving Chandler her bottle!!  Granted, Brooklyn has to pry Chandler's hands off the bottle to do it because Chandler is perfectly capable of holding her own bottle, but I'm going to take it as a sign of love!!

1 comment: