The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Potty Training Round 2 = FAILURE!

Shocking.  Even though we incorporated all of my fabulous solutions to the problems that we encountered during Potty Training Round 1, we still did not achieve success. (Success = doing ANYTHING on the potty)
They were very long days stuck in the house all day with just the 3 of us. 
We did manage to sneak in lots of fun, though, making brownies, finger painting, playing with play-dough, a new toy and reading new super-cool potty books.

(To any of you who may have EATEN these brownies, don't worry...she's only licking the spatula after we were done!)
After 2 1/2 days of hard-core training, we were all MUCH in need of a break and that is just what we got when the Buie's arrived!!
We all loaded up and went down the the Harbor (except for poor Eddie who had to work)!

Brooklyn was SOOOO EXCITED to see her cousins she could not contain herself.
I don't know that there was a moment she was not smiling, giggling or squealing with delight from the moment they got here until the moment they left.

Probably a most people would find the squealing and wildness very annoying, and I totally understand that, but I just can't help myself...I think they are the sounds of ULTIMATE happiness and I think it is really cute!
We took a walk down to the lighthouse and let the kids run around it FOREVER.  Again, probably super-annoying to the lady sitting on the bench trying to enjoy some calm peace and quiet.  Genuinely sorry, lady.  BUT I just feel like this is what being a kid is ALL ABOUT!  Pure innocent fun and happiness with no stress or worries at all about life!  Just watching how much fun they were having with each other COMPLETELY filled me with joy!

Then to finish off the night, they enjoyed some of B's homemade brownies with ice cream and milk!
And Natalie (at the far end of the island) finally got some good quality one-on-one time with Chandler!

The next morning Lawson helped me with Chandler while I got me and B dressed and ready and got breakfast made.  Man, I wish I could always have a 7-year-old around to help.  Thanks, La! 
Then after everyone was fed and dressed we squeezed in a little playtime outside before the Buie's had to leave.
Lawson and B looked so cute with their matching pigtails and dinem jackets!

Thanks for stopping by, Buies!  Let's do this again VERY soon!!


Nearly every waking moment of the rest of our Spring Break was spent outside:  in the backyard on the playset, across the street playing with the neighborhood kids, out for walks in the stroller or B riding her tricycle down the street with Chandler and I closely following.  But we did manage to squeeze in B's first EVER soccer practice.  I don't know if you can see how red her face is in the picture, but she had a total blast running around and getting her exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment