The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Friday, September 10, 2010

Brooklyn's First Day of School!

Well, first we had "Meet the Teacher" Day

While the other little girls in her class sat at the table and colored like they were supposed to...

Brooklyn was more interested in playing cars with the boys on the floor.

And then it was REALLY time for her first day of school...EVER!

so impossible to get her to stand still and smile for the camera so I just had to get her watching TV with no expression on her face



She didn't notice when I left when I dropped her off so there was no crying (at least that I heard).
And how did she do while she was there?

Well, she didn't eat or sleep and her mood was "quiet."
The teachers said that she had trouble listening, but they also said that she had a "great day!"
The best part of the day for all of us, though, was picking her up from school!  She came running out, jumping and giggling and so happy to see us!  Melt my heart!  I was too "in the moment" to even get a picture of our reunion, but hopefully I will get one on Tuesday when she goes back to school for day #2!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! It is really cute! I like how her report card was iffy and they said she had a great day! I bet she was wondering what in the world was going on all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking they must have written on all of the report cards that the child had a great day. No eating, sleeping or listening does not sound like a great day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how cute she looks in her school girl outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big!!! School is always so heart breaking. But rewarding at the same time! She will do great this year.

    Oh, and only you would look so fabulous right after birth! I think I burned those pics of me, I was so hideous.

    ReplyDelete