The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Sunday was such a great day!!  Not only did I get to get out of the house without a daiper bag, but I got to do one of the things that I love most...go to a live sporting event!!  And not just any sporting event, a FOOTBALL game, with my FAVORITE NFL team...the Dallas Cowboys at the new stadium!!

AND we got to go with some of my favorite people!!
(my brother, Landry, and his wife, Ashley)
The only 2 things that could have made this FABULOUS day any better would be:
1.  If the Cowboys won...which they didn't =(
and
2.  Seeing a celebrity

WHICH WE DID!!

Sitting about 10 rows in front of us (or maybe exactly 10 rows...not that I was counting), was....

Melissa Rycroft

Unfortunately for Melissa, I only watched one season of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:  Making the Team and it was the one season that she was on.  From there, I cheered for her on The Bachelor and Dancing With the Stars.  And currently, I stalk her on Good Morning America.  So...it only took me minutes after we took our seats to spot her!!  And, needless to say, I was star-struck!! We tried the whole game to get a decent picture of her.


 But these were the best we could do...


After the game was over, we saw Melissa and Ty leaving and started to follow them out just in time to see Melissa going into the ladies' room.  By this time, Eddie had had enough of our obsession and took charge.  He walked right up to Ty (Melissa's husband), who was standing outside the restroom, said something to him, then motioned to Ashley and I to come over to where they were standing.  Ty had said it would be OK for us to get a picture WITH her!!  About this time, Melissa walks out to find Eddie, me, Ashley, Landry and Ty staring at her.  As you can imagine, she looked very confused, but agreed to take the picture.  Ashley and I stand on either side of her and start to put one arm around her for the group shot when we notice she has both hands firmly clutched around her beverage.  Apparently, no contact is allowed.  So...with our arms awkwardly down by our sides and our pride completely gone, we lean in and smile for the picture.

Even though we left the game winless and prideless, we had an absolute blast!!

2 comments:

  1. So I read about this story on Ashley's blog and I was LOVING it!!! I LOVE her too! I watched her on the Bachelor and was rooting for her from day one.

    Okay, I just totally busted a gut reading about how you went to put your arms around her and she clinched her cup! Ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete