The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Friday, November 22, 2013

Gibson is 1!!

He's 1!!!

Stats:

Height - 31 1/4 inches...90th%
Weight - 23.6 lbs...50th%
Head Circumference - 18 1/2 inches...70th%

So he's tall and average and YUMMY!!
 He's really sweet!
He gives hugs.  (not on command, but when he feels like it and I seem to get a LOT!)
He lays his head on my shoulder when he's tired (but just for a minute)
He loves soft things!  If you lay a pillow or blanket down on the floor, he will come over and lay his head down on it (again, just for a minute, then he's off and busy again)
Milestones:
He has taken 3 steps
He's totally off bottles and formula
Eats only table food
Still taking 2 good naps a day
has 5 teeth
can roll a ball back and forth with you
 In fact, this is the first "boy-ish" thing I've noticed about him.
He LOVES balls.  He loves to play "catch" or just roll a ball on the floor on the ball and chase it.
It's one of the things they give him in the church nursery they give him to keep him happy.
AND I think it's the only word he knows.  He doesn't say it, but if I tell him to get his ball, he seems to look for it and go and get it.  Not so much mom or dad, but ball I feel pretty confident about.
He still ALWAYS immediately crawls over to lay his head on his bumper whenever he goes to sleep.
It's like his own little pillow.
 Oh...and the bedhead...
 Don't know if you can see it well enough in these pics, but his hair is always sticking up on the sides of his head.  I can wet it down, but as soon as it dries, it's back up again.  Fabulous.
He's into everything.  And by "into" everything, I mean literally IN everything.  The girls were always content to just open doors and pull everything out...he likes IN the cabinets.  He also likes to open girls drawers of clothes and pull everything out...cracks himself up every time he throws something on the floor.
 And he still drools...A TON!
 He's very ticklish and very happy most of the time, but we are starting to see some evidence of a temper.  The temper mainly shows itself when he wakes up and wants his milk.  He wants it RIGHT THEN!!  Not after you change his diaper, not after you play peek-a-boo, or walk down the hall.  Immediately.  I've learned and he has me trained to have it ready BEFORE I go to get him out of bed.
 One other cute thing that he does a lot right now and is grabs your hand to pat his mouth while he makes noise...making an "Indian" type sound...will do this FOREVER!
He went to his first pumpkin patch this month!
 As well as his first Fall Festival
 And just may have been the cutest elephant there has ever been!
We had his 1-year-old pics taken this month as well so I'll post a few here:







Pretty handsome little fella!!  (Although I'm a bit biased)

And finally...for the last time (tear)...the outtakes of his 12-month pics with me...

 Your taking pictures again?
 Of me?
 OK.  I'll smile, but I'm going to be moving constantly so good luck!



What?  We are all done with these monthly pictures forever?!?
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment