The Nalley Family

The Nalley Family
Eddie, Stephanie, Brooklyn, Chandler and Gibson

Monday, May 7, 2012

Dance, Swim and Sunglasses

Brooklyn had pictures made at dance recently and so we attempted for the first time EVER to blow her hair out straight!
 Every once in a while, I have these moments where my kids seem to literally grow up right before my eyes.  Brooklyn was so excited about me blowing her hair out and just sat so still and giggled as I methodically blew it out section by section with a large roll brush.  She seemed SO GROWN up and the pictures don't do it justice, but her hair turned out so shiny and pretty!!
 Then, when we got there, she was more than thrilled for me to put a little blush and lipgloss on her.
Just a few months ago when she was a flower girl, the idea of wearing a little make-up still freaked her out.  She's getting so big!!
 These are her precious little friends, Katie Grace and Kiaya.
 Brooklyn looked as pretty as I've ever seen her, but I didn't really get any good pics.  Hopefully, the photographer got some, but we haven't gotten those back yet.
Brooklyn LOVES dance.  
Actually, though, there has not been an activity that we've tried that she has not LOVED.  
She has been making great progress in her swim class as well.  I think we are almost ready for the pool this summer!!  Check her out!

She is swimming on her stomach in the video above and floating on her back in the picture below.
So much improvement from when we started.  Brooklyn is a fish!  Loves to have her face in the water (with goggles only) and has no fear of the water whatsoever (a little scary).


And finally...
SUNGLASSES!!
 The girls had both been asking for sunglasses because they wanted to wear them in the car "like mommy does" and so the Easter Bunny brought them some for Easter
 Such a hit!!
 They both put them on in the car EVERY TIME we go somewhere and it might be the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life!!
(On a sad note, Chandler has now bitten giant holes in all of her paci's so she is officially paci-free...I'm so going to miss the cuteness in that picture above!!)

 Below is our friend Addi when we picked her up from school one day...was surprisingly the only day I got a pic of both of them together in their sunglasses???  She didn't seem upset about not having a pair, but I'm thinking about getting one more pair to keep in the car for our friends so no one ever has to be left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment